LL's Blog

My Blog is about my training, running and a few other bits & pieces that happen along the way.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Hill Is.....




I suppose anything under one minute would be considered 'short' and one to two minutes as 'long' when it comes to hill repeats.  That's how I'm looking at it for now anyhow but I don't think this one was steep enough to be properly called a 'hill', more like a long 'incline'.


However, I've just looked up the meaning of 'hill' in the dictionary and it says "a naturally raised area of land, not as high or craggy as a mountain', so I guess I could call my session this morning "Hill Repeats", not naturally raised though, but put down by man as a road.  Just rambling on here as was the session...I made it up as I went along:


20 min warm-up on the road
Bong Bong hill repeats  : 8 x 30 seconds hard
Slow walk back to start
10 min cool-down ( bare feet) in the soccer field; the grass was so cool!


That was my first hill running session in a long while and I hope to do one each week.  I'll try anything to improve on the indifferent running I've been doing of late!
Posted by Unknown at 2:14 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

ACTVAC Half Marathon 2015, Canberra.

ACTVAC Half Marathon 2015, Canberra.
On the way to a half Marathon World Record W85-89, 2015

NYC Marathon, 2003

NYC Marathon, 2003
Carrying Australian flag, NYC Marathon, 2003!

31:18 5km, Sept. 2012

31:18 5km, Sept. 2012
"She Beat Me! 5k in 31:18, 2012

Blog Archive

  • ►  2018 (83)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (16)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2017 (165)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (11)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (17)
    • ►  March (19)
    • ►  February (17)
    • ►  January (18)
  • ►  2016 (181)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (24)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (12)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (29)
    • ►  February (19)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2015 (166)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (11)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (18)
    • ►  July (17)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (17)
    • ►  February (13)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ►  2014 (193)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (15)
    • ►  September (10)
    • ►  August (16)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (15)
    • ►  April (18)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (18)
  • ►  2013 (162)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (15)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (19)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (26)
    • ►  February (13)
    • ►  January (14)
  • ►  2012 (236)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (25)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (20)
    • ►  June (26)
    • ►  May (29)
    • ►  April (18)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (17)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ▼  2011 (157)
    • ►  December (16)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (17)
    • ►  June (18)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (19)
    • ▼  February (22)
      • A Good Long Run!
      • Canberra Half Marathon, April 10th
      • A Different Trial Time
      • Track
      • A Hill Is.....
      • A Rest Day
      • An Ugly Long Run...Very ugly in fact!
      • A Rest Day
      • Time Trials Are Not Easy!
      • Cross-training, Day 2.
      • On Track
      • Cross-training, Day One
      • Sleepless in Mittagong
      • A Not So Good TT!
      • Cross Training Day 2
      • A Sleuth at Work!
      • Showing a Far Superior Command of Mathematics!
      • What a Change!
      • Early Long Run....
      • Nothing Doing!
      • Time Trial....Cancelled!
      • The Pool.....
    • ►  January (20)
  • ►  2010 (132)
    • ►  December (21)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (16)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (15)
    • ►  January (17)
  • ►  2009 (211)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (21)
    • ►  October (21)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (18)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (17)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (19)
  • ►  2008 (158)
    • ►  December (21)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (14)
    • ►  March (23)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (25)
  • ►  2007 (244)
    • ►  December (22)
    • ►  November (22)
    • ►  October (13)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (21)
    • ►  July (27)
    • ►  June (28)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ►  April (23)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2006 (267)
    • ►  December (26)
    • ►  November (22)
    • ►  October (20)
    • ►  September (27)
    • ►  August (27)
    • ►  July (23)
    • ►  June (24)
    • ►  May (30)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (17)
    • ►  January (23)
  • ►  2005 (322)
    • ►  December (17)
    • ►  November (22)
    • ►  October (32)
    • ►  September (34)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (28)
    • ►  May (28)
    • ►  April (22)
    • ►  March (29)
    • ►  February (26)
    • ►  January (31)
  • ►  2004 (22)
    • ►  December (22)

Popular Posts

  • Day 10 - SMH Half Marathon, Sunday, May 21st
    The Nightmare! Even though I'd asked for a wake up call at 6:00am, Sunday, I found myself looking at the clock just about every hour, on...
  • And Another Day...
    A week has passed as if it's been one long, dark night, but I cannot stay with this disappointment forever, so it's time to force my...
  • A Longish Run with Photos!
    28km along the same dirt road & fire trail as with Ewen last Sunday. Cool start 22 degrees; yesterday 37 degrees! I walked some of the i...
  • A Track Race in Canberra - 2 in fact!
    This morning, Friday, I ran from the motel in Lyneham along a cycle track to Lake Burley Griffin & took some pics! A very enjoyable run ...
  • Canberra Marathon, 2008.
    ....I'm very pleased to be able to say I did NOT look like this at any stage of Sunday's marathon....or so I hope, because I have de...
  • Light Track Session
    10 minutes warm-up - stretches - drills : Done! 4x70m strides - Done! 4x200m @ 9:20/mile pace (i.e. 1:09.6/200m) : Results :- 1:1...
  • Up, Up and Away!
    to Melbourne tomorrow for the Marathon on Sunday! Thanks for all good wishes....I need them! But I expect the very best of myself and the...
  • The Attack of the Killer Rooster!
    I hardly ever think about what might be the way I die even though I realize it's a definite at some stage! But today, I truly believed I...
  • 3km Time Trial
    As usual, I wasn't looking forward to this session! It was hard even though I held back from starting too fast which I normally do &...
  • Now I Know!
    .....how slow it can be on the track & how much faster it is on a bike! I was at the AIS this afternoon with Ewen for an invaluable trac...

LL's Blog

My Blog is about my training, running and a few other bits & pieces that happen along the way.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile

Featured post

Starting New Progam ~~~~~

Finished the 6 week 5km training, more or less keeping to it, taking a few extra rest days than recommended.  Today I'm starting another...


Canberra Marathon 2006

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile

LL's Blog

My Blog is about my training, running and a few other bits & pieces that happen along the way.

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

  • 11th Marathon...
    Australian Record W80 ..........well, that's #11 done and I'll be able to claim an Australian Record for W80 Marathon with a time...
  • What is Wrong?
    ....and here we go!  Today I saw an orthopaedic surgeon.  He needs for me to have an MRI.  He's pretty well ruled out arthritis be...
  • Canberra Half Marathon.....
    I'm taking a couple of days off training and instead just walking my two puppies each afternoon before starting my next training program...
  • Breezy Morning Run ~~~~
    Much less windy than yesterday! Few Short Inervala Warm-up 6x30secs/30secs RI 4x3.5 minutes Cool-down 5km Thought it was alive a...
  • After a Few Days Off ~~~
    ....to learn the ins and outs of a new computer, Acer Aspire S7 392Ultra Book.  Gorgeous thing to  look at, all white and silver, very porta...
Awesome Inc. theme. Theme images by nico_blue. Powered by Blogger.

NYC Marathon 2003. Proudly carrying the Australian Flag!