Wednesday, April 08, 2009

And All I Needed.......

......was a couple of days off & then a great run this morning!

Program : 5km Run

I could barely keep up with myself during today's run! I felt great! It wasn't my fastest 5km but the feeling of running was effortless as I sped uphill & down dale (!!) on one of the most beautiful of mornings : warm, sunny, cool breeze. I think I had the perfect run which included 3 steep hills that I ran easily!

Results : 5km in 38:10.
Avg. Pace = 7:35
AHR =80%; MHR = 83%..
Laps : 7:31; 8:07; 8:02; 7:30; 7:04.

I returned to Diamond Fields Road to get away from the speeding cars on Old South Road. Shame it's become a speedway; it's less hilly than most other roads & has views to the hills & over all the surrounding farms. Too dangerous, so back to the dirt roads for now.

The best thing about today's run was that rare feeling (for me) of very little effort being involved!

4 comments:

  1. I said the rest would help LL. I am glad you did so well. Now if you could just bottle that feeling and drink it before the start in Canberra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go LL - yay! There's definitely something to be said for a little rest and lots of glorious weather! Fingers crossed for more of the same in just over a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one norma. The taper is working well. More speed in the old LL's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And just in time too!!!

    Not long now just a few winks of the eye and we'll both be in Canberra toeing the start line!

    ReplyDelete