Sunday, April 12, 2009

Count Down Time......

This time next week? I wonder how I'll be feeling! Just as long as I've finished is all that really matters, especially when Ewen said he doesn't want to hang around for six hours waiting for me to finish!

Program : 12km run.

I ran on the dirt road (Diamond Fields Road) which is in the worst state I've ever seen it. Heavy trucks & earth moving machinery have been going back & forth during the last few weeks to where a property is being "done over". It was on the market recently for 1.6million, don't know what it went for at auction, but the new owners are in the process of clearing just about every tree off the entire 5 acres, with the result that it now looks like a bomb site! I suppose it'll be a grand residence when finished but such a shame to see all the lovely bush ripped out.

And that's what makes the road very tricky to run on right now....one slip or trip is all it takes so I'm being super careful while running there. It would take longer than 6 hours for the marathon if I had to use crutches & wouldn't Ewen be cross!!

6km out in 51:35.
6km back in 49:06

AHR = 72%; MHR = 82%

A very pleasant & easy run both ways.
33.7km for the week.

2 comments:

  1. Just tell Ewen to get out there with you and he won't have to wait around for a second! :-)

    See you down there.

    Gnome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to worry about... I'm going to borrow Mal's portable DVD player and have another go at "Gosford Park". If you find me snoring after 6 hours, come into the hall and wake me up.

    ReplyDelete