Wednesday, August 07, 2013

A "Classy' Reunion ~~~


 I don't often attend class reunions - or reunions of any kind for that matter because they're usually too depressing - but I did yesterday and I'm so pleased I did.  Not only did I find that so many were still alive and well, but I was able to recognize those whom I haven't seen for far too many years to mention!   This  reunion came at a good time for me and made for a most enjoyable lunch in Sydney with, of course, lots of reminiscing and laughter.  A big surprise was to find that one has been living in Bowral  all these years without either of us knowing that the other was but a short distance away!

A special highlight of the day was visiting two of our 'old' (literally very old!) teachers now living in a nursing home and aged 96 and 99 years respectively!  I had no idea they were still living, never thought anyone who taught me could possibly be still alive, which makes me realize how young they must have been when they taught us.  Both are as sharp as they always were but frail physically.  I'm so pleased I had the chance to see them...who knows, maybe for the last time.  We're all "getting on"!

I've had several phone calls last night and this morning from class mates saying how pleased they were that I attended....at last!  Three of these 'girls' will be driving down in a couple of weeks for a lunch get together which I'm really looking forward to especially now that the door to running has been closed - temporarily I'm hoping  - and I can expect more laughter as old times continue being discussed!

 "If you do nothing unexpected, nothing unexpected ever happens."  (Fay Weldon)





4 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! The local ABC has been podcasting interviews with Centenarians - they've all been sharp as, just like your teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The door to running temporarily closes; the door to eating with friends opens. Seems like a good deal to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norma could you email me at:

    rjames42k@gmail.com

    driving past on Saturday 17th August on the way to Wagga and thought I would drop in with a friend around 1.30 or so if you will be home.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have replied and delighted to see you, Ray.

      Delete