Monday, May 28, 2012

Nothing to do with Running......except

.....except it happened when I attempted to upload or download  - I don't know the difference between the two, so I should just say 'transfer'  -   when I attempted to transfer a photo to my blog this morning.

I clicked on the icon as I always do and there right in front of my eyes was one of the most terrifying sights anyone would wish not to see.  It was a face that would rival anything from a Boris Karloff horror movie, far more hideous than anything in 'Frankenstein' story or film!   I thought,  "What the ????.  What is happening here?"  With a troubled frown on my face, I moved in closer, only to see the face move at the same time and frown back at me; I smiled and the face returned what could only be described as a horrible grin; I removed my glasses in case I was seeing some disfigured spectre from another planet.  The 'monster' did the same!

And only then did I realize it was my face I was looking at!!!  It was a Blogger camera requesting a photo to keep on file!  File it?  Just how many people did they want to scare to death?  No one can ever, never ever, ever possibly imagine the unexpected shock it gave me! I was sick in a second!   It took a few more seconds of moving about, in and out, glasses on, off, again and again, before I fully realized what a garish eyesore was staring back at me!

""Holy ####," I said out loud, "do I really look that much like a grinning baboon with grey hair and wearing glasses?"  I tried making all sorts of faces but it only worsened the gruesome sight.  I clicked it off hoping I'd beaten Blogger to the trigger and then spontaneously did something completely stupid : I rushed into the bathroom and hurriedly slapped on some makeup and even eye shadow -  why on earth would I do that? Panic stricken! - but realizing too late that there was absolutely nothing that could be done to erase the sight other than radical facial surgery and that would just be for starters!

This was a seriously scary and painful awakening to facing the truth and worth reporting as much as does my earlier run.

Reminds me of the old movie "The Picture of Dorian Gray".  Eek!

An edit to add :  A final thought and then I'm going to put this behind me as if it had been a horrible running experience.  Why, oh why, did I send recent photos last night to a friend in Noosa!  She could be undergoing emergency heart surgery for all I know and it will be all my fault!


8 comments:

  1. The biggest LOL ever!! I nearly fell off my chair!

    Actually, those wide-angle lap-top cameras are evil - they never take a good photo or video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's some small comfort, Ewen, about those cameras; thank you! However, even after having applied sever layers of makeup, when I came back to take another look, the same unsightly face was still there looking even more evil in ghastly technicolour!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Ewen on this. That was an hilarious post. I'm so glad I logged on - you made my day! I totally agree though. I had the same issues when I first saw myself looking back at me on my little laptop. I'm sure we don't really look that bad. In fact I promise you it is the computer, not YOU. Like I've always said you actually look 20 years younger than you are! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, Thanks, Strewth! But the truth is, I honestly had no idea who it was; never even dreamed I was looking at myself! Which is why I peered closer and closer till the truth suddenly dawned!

      Delete
    2. Come on Ruth! I only said she looks 15 years younger ;-) By the way Norma, I have the camera cover of my DLT permanently shut so as not to scare myself!

      Delete
    3. Hilarious! But I'm going to do that now!

      Delete
  3. I think that proves it - beautiful women worry unnecessarily, even when they're old enough to know better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you TA and the Gnome! I was thinking I should never venture outside even in daylight without wearing a veil!

      Delete