Friday, May 11, 2012

Cross-Training Today....

I found time for Pete Magill today, in the form of a session of his drills.  Another beauty of a morning at the school's soccer field......and no shoes or socks on cool, thick grass.

10 min warm-up
4 strides
Over 50m:  1 set of drills  :  skipping, high skipping, flat foot marching, high knees, bounding, fast feet shuffle, butt kicks, carioca.
1 stride between each.

Bizarre as all these may appear to others, and no doubt it would be extremely funny if seen by anyone, I always enjoy these 20 minutes of drills when I get the chance to fit it into the week's training.  I didn't want anything too herculean before tomorrow's long run!

About 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to talk Ruth into doing drills sessions again - they're fun (and good for you!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should! That's why I have such agile and nimble legs!

      Delete