Thursday, May 31, 2012

Workout #2...Tempo Run

Every time I open Blogger now to transfer an image I live in fear of a reappearance of the frightening phenomenon that awaited me a few days ago.  I've asked God not to let it happen again because I want to live a little longer....no, a lot longer!  So, for another day......

 Program:
 2km warm-up
 6km @ LT pace (6:39m/k)
2km cool-down.

I jogged 2km from school to Renwick streets.
6km splits :  6:43;  6:46;  6:48;  6:56;  6:30;  6:31
2km cool-down + a few stretches.

I have a slight head cold and didn't think I'd feel like running an extra kilometre in the middle section, but after the fifth kilometre I felt fine and had no trouble doing one more, though I had to stop a couple of times for a nose blow and eye wipe.  Dull and overcast day but satisfied with the tempo section which included a couple of short hills.


6km Tempo Run



10km total

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice splits! Be careful of that cold... I wouldn't want you to get bronchitis - that might weaken you such that you become more susceptible to frights ;)

    ReplyDelete