Friday, September 06, 2013

That's Life ~~~ After 84 years!

I'm amazed that my knee is completely pain free only 3 days after the arthroscopic surgery!  Yesterday I did all the exercises I'm supposed to do plus 20 minutes on the bike.  The orthopedic man said they don't often do this kind of surgery on people over 80 because their knees are usually riddled with arthritis,  but my knees were so good - apart from a torn meniscus! - it was very much worthwhile doing!

That cheered me up considerably, as did the messages, calls etc I received for my 84th birthday yesterday!  84 years....who can believe it??  Not me!  A mix of many things this 84th year : injury leading to missing the events I usually enter in the latter half of the year :  the ACTVAC half marathon in August, Fisher's Ghost and Bankstown 5km races still to come but which I won't be ready for;  losing some friends through death, others I thought of as friends - so I guess no loss at all;  and then regaining friends from school days as well as retaining those friends long trusted, more than made up for any lost.  Win some, lose some.....that's life!

Thank you to all who have either read or commented on my blog in my 83rd year and hope all will continue their wonderful support in this my 84th year on planet earth!



3 comments:

  1. Well, that's the best news ever for your 84th birthday. Poor Liz has osteoarthritis in both knees and she's barely 50, so you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely fantastic news LL - a perfect birthday gift! Looking forward to seeing you next weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you too!

    ReplyDelete