Sunday, April 17, 2005

And Another Day...

A week has passed as if it's been one long, dark night, but I cannot stay with this disappointment forever, so it's time to force myself to make a change, think of other things, get another goal. If I fail to do this & just keep on feeling angry & sorry for myself, I will have very badly let down my wonderful Cool Running family, without whom I would just as surely given up altogether & that certainly was my intention.
That's a positive thought; letting down my CR family would have a more drastic & longlasting effect than the incident itself; I need these people far more than I need success in a run.

But I still feel sick in the stomach & cannot fully grasp that this all happened.
All the more reason to have another goal to think about & work towards; and then enthusiasm will return.

Then I should aim to do the Gold Coast marathon even though I lack any interest in it right now; flights & accommodation have been arranged; apart from having it as a goal, it's money wasted to pull out unless there were more serious reasons for doing so...e.g. injury, illness, etc.
I'll go to the gym tomorrow & Tuesday & do some cross-training on the elliptical trainer & see how my legs feel; if OK, I'll try a short run on Wednesday.

There are no words to describe how completely overwhelmed, overjoyed & profoundly grateful I am to this Cool Running family who have me back on my feet again! I wish I could give each one a hug as well as saying "Thank You"!

15 comments:

  1. *Hugs LL Back*

    Gold Coast sounds like it'll be fun. I wanted to go in that one for the half, but can't make it. I'll be thinking of you when you're running it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy!!! Gold Coast marathon!!!! Go for it girl! You're all set for it, you still have an amazing level of fitness, and you will get back the urge to run again.

    Think about GC, what you want to achieve and just go for a short easy jog just to turn the legs over.

    So many people will be there to cheer you on and make sure the officials don't send you in the wrong direction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Hugs back*

    I think I should hire a surf board & life-guard to be on hand should I get lost at sea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you there LL. Yippeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll see you there Chickybabe! Clairie will oranise the BrisVegas CR's to paint a red gold and green line on the road. Must pack some tissues for the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tell you what chickybabe. I want to see you run. If you PROMISE me that you're going to do the marathon (and enjoy it!!), as soon as I get the clearance from my cardiologist, I'm going to enter the half and aim to be there when you cross the line. I'm incredibly slow and won't a huge amount of training in, but if you can do the full, I can do the half.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic to hear that you are getting back into it Norma. I knew you wouldn't stay down for long. It is so true what you say about your Cool Running family. It is what got me back after I ended up in hospital a couple of months ago. Where would we be without each other to lift and encourage each other along the journey? I wouldn't want to think about it and I don't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all my dear CRs; Horrie's right : where would we be without each other?

    Sarah, it's a deal : I promise to run (& enjoy) the GC marathon!

    With the painted lines that Ewen talks about, how could I possibly get lost? Of course, there's always the ocean....!

    I think Chickybabe is back again & I hope never to go away again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! There's no reason to rush back into it though, make sure you're doing it because you want to. Make sure you have a bit of a break.

    See you in a few months. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. LuckyLegs,

    This is great. I'm sitting here with an ear to ear grin. I know I've said it before, but you continue to be an inspiration.

    And to think - you told us not to read this blog for a while! I ran a four minute 10K PB this morning, but this is by far and away the highlight of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LL - I intend to collect my hug in person at the Gold Coast.

    I also promise to do my best to train for the marathon rather than the half (injury permitting) so that I can try and keep up with you.

    CL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to meeting you in person at the Gold Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Queen Lucky Legs good for you! We are attempting to source some red carpet now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! I was soooooo hoping you would be at the Gold Coast.

    Ever since you booked to stay at the same place I've had visions of meeting up with you at reception and walking to the start line with you. Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. *hugs* that's fantastic.... It'll be so nice to meet you at the GC - I'm only doing the half so I'm going to be there yelling my lungs out at the end for you too!

    ReplyDelete