Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sunday's Run

A short run of 12m this morning; started out at 10:00am....a glorious Autumn day in the Southern Highlands. I didn't take watch or monitor again so that I could jog comfortably & enjoy the day; even so, 12kms was enough...how did I ever do those 40+ runs!!!....haven't got it in me now, that's for sure.

Between now & GC marathon, wherever possible, I'll run in the middle (warmest) part of the day so as to get some idea of how different the temperature here in July is from that on the GC in the same month. Hope it'll help!

Now I'm going to be talking to myself about the future!!
I know I'm always thinking, planning way too far ahead, but I like to have events, goals to look forward to over a 12 month period; usually it's been what I'll do between one Canberra marathon & the next! While I was out this morning I started to think : what are the next biggest events after GC marathon? Thinking of half marathons : Bankstown (the Hidden Half) in August? Blackmore's Half in September? Thredbo Half in November? All possibilities. At some stage later this year, I want to drive back to Canberra for a day & go over as much of the marathon course as I can get onto...more unfinished business with that one...will it ever end? Yes, it will! I will do it again next year! Unless, of course, I'm banned from the course, dead or have been kidnapped by the mafia! All, bar the middle of these, I think I can handle.

That's enough thinking aloud for today; a blog is such a good place to do this; putting thoughts into words does clarify things & unburdens the mind.

For the rest of this week, 3 days of training & might slip in 1 day with some deep water running followed by hot spa...I so love luxury; all Chickybabes do!

9 comments:

  1. My money's on the Mafia LL, watch you don't run into them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LL, I am so glad you are coming out the other end of your Canberra "experience". What do they say? "That which does not kill us will only make us stronger"! I hope I get to run with you one of these days - you could always come down to "sunny" Melbourne for a half you know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Chickybabe! I hope you do make it back to Canberra to complete unfinished business. If you do, I'll be by your side protecting you from the Mafia. And don't forget Tim is organising the Presidential Elite Guard with suits and dark glasses for protection as well. As Arnie once said, 'I'll be back!'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad there is someone else who plans long term. I'm looking at this year's GC as a short term goal. Next year I'll set a time that will give me the insentive to go all out in the 2007 Event. I should be pretty close to top fitness by then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the Mafia did kidnap you LL I reckon you would give them a run for their money. We would have a good time organising chook raffles to raise the ransom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LL - you have your own personal mafia. It's called CR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey LL, would we be able to convince you to come to canberra any time in the near future, and borrow a bike so Aki, Flashduck, Wombat and I can cycle around the course with you? (Aki, before you say it, of course you can ride!!)

    I couldn't think of anything worse than running it, and it would give you an opportunity to see the course without having to actually do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to see you committing to Canberra again so soon, LL.

    Where does one apply for a position on the Presidential elite guard?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooo! Pick the Bankstown Hidden Half!!!!! I'll be there as it's my home turf!

    ReplyDelete