Monday, August 09, 2010

I ran the entire 14km yesterday without stopping!  I was determined to finish further away from that 100 minute Green Group cut-off time than the last time I ran this run in 2008....missing last year because of a heavy cold.  Finishing time 2008 was too dangerously close at 98 minutes!  I carried a small 6oz bottle of sports drink and drank from that immediately after each drink station.  Great not to have had to fight my way through the crowds and I didn't need anything more than that.

According to official results :   94:03 yesterday.  I think the Garmin  had some trouble with the tunnel but seems to have corrected itself on exit;  clever little thing!!

I loved the run and didn't feel I was struggling - as I usually do  - on those hillsHas to be something to do with my present training program which I feel is making me just that little bit stronger and, dare I say it....faster!

We left Mittagong by coach at 5:30a.m. and so quick was the trip, I stood from 7:oo in the freezing cold until the start at 8:30am.  I've never felt the cold like this before; another fellow traveller shared her thick jacket with me by each sharing an armhole!

Lunch provided at the Charing Cross Hotel : I had a big bowl of fettucine with Neapolitana Sauce.   Back home - tired - at 5:00pm.... but a great day!  I really love this run!

2nd place in 70 to 99 age category (125 runners).  YIPPEE!

3 comments:

  1. Hi LL,I saw you in the paper and I was so inspired I cut out the article and googled you.I also ran in the C2S on Sunday. It was my 11th and at 56 I have been telling myself that 14ks was it but after reading about you I will no longer set limits. You are truley inspirational. Keep spreading the word that age has no limits only our silly minds. Thank you for your example. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JanB, thank you for such nice comments!

    You're right....age hath no limits; well, not too many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fan club is growing! 2nd out of 125 and you're not the youngest in the 70+ group either!

    ReplyDelete