Monday, August 22, 2011

ACTVAC Half Marathon




Friends drove me to Canberra on Saturday, stayed overnight, had excellent dinner and enjoyed the half marathon on Sunday morning, except that I'd forgotten how hilly this course was!



Nevertheless, I held onto my Half Marathon W80-84 age category Australian Record but slower by about one minute!  I was presented with a wonderful, BIG trophy on which my name has now been recorded for the second year in a row and my time was 81.73% on the World Age Grading or Standard....whatever it's called!

Time 2:19:46  (I was aiming for 2:20)
Avg. Pace 6:42m/k
5k splits 34:00;  33:17;  32:42;  33:36;  (6:49)
AHR 135 (85%);  MHR 151 (95%)



My Encouragement is here!








3 comments:

  1. Ruth, so sorry I lost your comment by putting that photo in! How dumb of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo - at least you found the photo! It's on my blog too:) I was just about to tell you, I must be psychic! At the risk of repeating myself, which I often do, huge congratulations on another fantastic run. It was lovely to see you looking so amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was sneaky. Wish I'd known you were running. Got a phone call from Ruth after the race but I was just stumbling out of bed at that stage.

    Brilliant result again. Bryan Thomas was raving about how well you ran when we saw him at coffee/lunch at the Deck.

    ReplyDelete