Thursday, April 05, 2012

Easy and Relaxed......

10km on Diamond Fields Road

 This week is the 18th week of the 18 week FIRST half marathon program.  From the start I allowed 19 weeks; the extra week being in case I needed to make up time for injury or lost time for any other cause.  I didn't need it; the 18 weeks have been without any setback.  I'll repeat week 18 next week;  today some variations...for example, program was 5k easy and relaxed...I did 10km the same way!

Today : 10km
Time  1:14:27
Avg. Pace 7:35m/k; best 5:43m/k
AHR 123 (77%)
5km splits.....39:18;    36:22.

Be a Clown!
10km proved to be quite enough, easy and relaxed as it was!  The aftermath of yesterday's marathon mowing was still with me.  In fact, at around 8:30 p.m. last night I was surprisingly and suddenly overwhelmed with tiredness, to the extent that I just had to drop everything - not DLT! - and go straight to bed.  I felt fine one minute and the next dog-tired and exhausted; it was that sudden a change!

Understandably then, I was more than happy this morning to do no more than freshen up with an easy, relaxed 10km.



No comments:

Post a Comment