Thursday, April 12, 2012

Today's short program is the last before Sunday's half marathon in Canberra.

Program : 5km easy.

Before the 5km I did a set of Pete Magill drills with a stride between each drill, then 5km... easy.

If it was supposed to be easy why did my feet feel at every step that I was running in shoes of concrete?  I was more than a little surprised I can tell you and it's not a pleasant feeling at all.  Only 5km and I had to take some walk breaks?  This is not the way it's supposed to be..   However, it's the way it was for sure; dragging blocks of cement at every step.  I don't know why except  I must have done the drills too perfectly!!
 
Later in the afternoon I had shopping to do, took Amy and Oscar for their walk and now at 3:00pm I'm about to throw myself onto the bed for a rest.  I'll take a cup of tea in with me  -  forget about throwing myself onto the bed! - read for a bit and then.....Zzzzzz  I expect!

Today then marks the end of 18 weeks of preparation for the half marathon;  I couldn't have done anything more...or even better!  I have enjoyed every day's program; it has been good for me in many ways and I'll start Sunday's run knowing I have done all that I possibly could to run well and I will run well because.....I deserve it!!

4 comments:

  1. I always work on the basis that a bad day in the lead-up means a great day in the race. Looks like you're going to cream it! :) See you down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the above comment. I've had a few bad runs this week too where everything hurts. It's just the dress rehearsal! However, you definitely deserve a good run on Sunday and you WILL run well. Hopefully I'll be able to smile at you when I finish too. Then the celebrations will begin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too perfectly? You must have been practising then!

    Lots of carbs (pasta, rice etc) with all meals tomorrow and your leggies will be flying on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Back with report later!

    ReplyDelete