Sunday, December 01, 2013

Chasing Acer Australia

For the past10 days I haven't been out for a single run.  Amy and Oscar haven't been deprived of their walk and that's about all I've done.   Instead of progressing to my program, which I'd planned to do before December began, I have spent just about every hour of every day phoning, being fobbed off, emailing and never being replied to by Acer Australia.

Words fail me when it comes to describing what it's been like: the nights I haven't been able to sleep, the days when I've been sick to my stomach with stress and all the while Acer Australia doesn't give a damn.  I requested a replacement to the dud Acer Aspire S7 395 until I realized they had no intention of cooperating, so I went for the jugular, enlisted FT NSW and am now asking for a full refund.

For me it's meant sitting by the phone calling every 1300 number in their nonexistent customer service, based in Manilla where the operators have been well trained in talking as fast as they can without taking a breath, in case the caller says something they don't know how to answer and, just to make sure of that,  the accent is beyond deciphering.

Just a sample of the shxx I've had to listen to from Acer Australia's Manilla based operators. -  forget about speaking to anyone from Acer H/Q in Sydney; it never happens .....

Samples only:

(1)  Look underneath computer, find small hole, insert pin...no hole......switched to another 1300 number.
(2)  Someone will call you within 30 minutes....no call and I phone next 1300 in list.
(3) Yes, will follow up your complaint........never to be heard from again!  Next 1300 number.
(4)  Will call you within 1,2,3 days , could take 3 weeks to resolve....this from 3 separate calls by me.
(5). I go through every 1300 number with nothing but runaround and then begin all over again......
(6)  We need proof of purchase ....WTF!!  Until we get that from Sydney, unable to do anything.....surely YOU have copy of invoice, I gasp!  Anyhow, I email copy to Manilla AND Sydney to make sure they all see it.
(7). I send my copy to Manilla, they send to Sydney.....never heard from again. I start over again...more emails to Sydney HQ....no replies.  Back to 1300 numbers for the umpteenth time.....sick and distressed!
(8)  Before I make myself more ill, I send one final email to HQ Sydney, begging for someone to respond.  I get a reply telling me I didn't give them my home number .....dear God, they've had my phone number since I ordered the bloody thing, but I send it again.....  and to phone 1300....where it would be dealt with.  Same number already called many times!
(9). Phoned anyhow: told still waiting on 'proof of purchase'! I broke down here, unable to cope.  Told it was wrong department...switch me over.....not necessary,can fix here.
(10)  Next day.....email from Manilla telling me only HQ in Sydney could handle matter as they were only the warranty department in Manilla.  I try in vain to explain that Sydney sending me onto Manilla and then Manilla sending me back to Sydney doesn't make sense!  And the operator doesn't draw breath.
(11). One final email to Acer Australia, Sydney, expressing my disgust and dissatisfaction and handing over to Fair Trading NSW. I was just too worn out and sick to continue on my own. They haven't replied of course.

THE ABOVE ARE A FEW SAMPLES ONLY of what Acer put me through for 10 days!

I always check for mistakes when I blog but this is too long and I don't have the "belly" to go over it!  Please excuse.

In fact, I think I only wrote for therapeutic reasons, trying to exorcize my mind of the whole painful experience.

4 comments:

  1. Bloody hell! What an ordeal. I was going to say complain on their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Acer but they probably wouldn't even read it. DFT will get your money back, I'm sure. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ewen. I've posted numerous times on their Facebook page also on Google+ page, with no response whatsoever. They just don't care about customers like me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norma, I have to say that I had a sinking feeling when I read in your previous post that you'd bought an Acer product. I did too, once (and once only!). They gave me a right royal runaround - never again. Life's too short to get an ulcer over scum like that. Get outside, breath the fresh air, put it down to experience, hope that FT come through (but don't hold your breath) and move on. There's plenty of good computer companies (and none of them are called Acer! :) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gnome. Can't tell you how badly this has impacted on my health. Have been laid low all weekend. Never experienced this before and much more difficult to cope with at my age and alone. I'll take your advice and try a walk tomorrow...thank you.

      Delete