Thursday, May 08, 2014

Tempo Run ~ Hoka 'Conquest' first run ~~~~~

OK, so the Hoka One One 'Conquest' went well considering this was the first run in them and with the extra weight.  My Newtons 7.2oz; Hoka 10.2oz.  Doesn't seem like much extra but I could certainly feel it!  However, the purchase of these inexplicably expensive runners was for the cushioning they provide and, in this feature, I am well pleased!  Ran on bitumen, cement and dirt roads, a few hills and the difference was quite noticeable, though it might take a few more runs to be completely comfortable with them.  If they save my knees especially as well as other bits and pieces any future damage, they will have been worth the cost!

Tempo Run:
3.5km easy
5:00 km @ ST (short tempo) pace....8:10m/k based on 40 min 5km.
1.5km easy


5 of 10km tempo run.

I began with a couple of drills...
3.5km easy

5:00km in 39:18  ....Hokas slowed me down!!   7:35;    8:03;    8:29;    7:42;    7:26


1.5km easy
Stretches....

Today  :  10km
 

No comments:

Post a Comment