Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Hill Was Alive!

.....with the sound of my puffing!

So, today I did long hill repeats instead of track and, to my surprise, it was as difficult as a track session.  I took this from Hal Higdon's advanced half marathon program and it certainly was a 'nice' change from the track.

First a 1km warm-up in the school soccer field; drove to the bottom of Bong Bong Road where it meets Old South Road, parked the car and walked 300m uphill measuring with Garmin for distance...I didn't want to run any further than I had to!

First repeat I didn't make the top, slowing to a walk for about the last 20m and puffing like a steam engine.  After that one, I had a better idea of how to start a bit slower and completed the remaining five, jogging down to start each one. 



Hill repeats and back to the school for stretches.
Today : 6 x 300m hill repeats

Another 100m around the corner at top!

No comments:

Post a Comment