Saturday, May 14, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday was a Tempo Run...of sorts.  Once again it was very windy; I chose Diamond Fields Road because it's a dirt road, no traffic and plenty of hills which I'm going to need if I aim for this year's City to Surf in August and then see if another goal might turn up after that.

Program;
3km easy
5k @ short tempo pace (6:31m/k)
2k easy


Of course it didn't quite go that way:

3k easy in 22 min

5km in 35 min 
Avg Pace = 6:59
1k laps =  7:27;  6:42;  6:48;  6:39;  7:18 (first & last km all uphill!)
AHR 139 (87%);  MHR 145 (91%)

2k easy in 16:55

Total = 10km

I really tried hard for this session, but can see there's lots of room  - and time I hope -  for improvement !

I dearly miss Jim's usual comment, without fail, when I returned from a run : "Well, how did that go?"  Now, silence except for the joyful yapping of my two dogs.  It's the absence of little things like this, the cup of tea waiting for me after showering, the silence especially, the absence of another human being in the house and also the thousands of other little things and comments during an ordinary day that make the days so hard and lonely now.

However, the sun will come up again tomorrow and I will do my long run.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Norma,

    I often think about how you are going especially now that I have a visual of where you live, where you run and where you spent your time with Jim.

    Take care and hope to catch up with you soon.

    Cheers Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. While your house may feel quiet and lonely please remember that you have many friends out there in the blogosphere with you in their hearts. Hugs to you LL.

    Cheri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much kb & Martin. Your thoughts help warm my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought the little things would be the hardest part. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you with love Norma and hoping that one day you might come to Canberra for another visit or even a run. Sending hugs your way. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks Ewen & strewth and yes, I'd love to see you all again. Maybe I can find a run sometime later in the year? Rather unfit right now!

    ReplyDelete