Tuesday, August 07, 2012

When the Lights Go on Again.....

A popular song during WW2 was Vera Lynn singing "When the Lights Go On Again".  To be able to remember it and still know all the lyrics, a person has to be my age, a little younger or a lot older!

I was reminded of the title when I woke this morning and the little dull light came on in my head to startle me with the realization that the ACTVAC half marathon was just two weeks away and not three as I'd thought!  Now, I'll have to skip a week's training in my program so that I have only one more long(ish) run to do this coming Saturday.....frustrating to make such a miscalculation but at least the light did come on in time!

Program  :  10-20 min warm-up
 5 x 1km (5:49)
 400m RI
10 min cool-down.


I didn't have the car today......it's in need of an overhaul...like its owner!

1.5km brisk walk to Renwick + measure 'track'...approx 310m around 2 blocks.
 4 strides along 1 side of the square.
5 x 1km =  5:50.7;   5:48.9;   5:46.9;   5:49.4;   5:44.3
RI walk back around the track.
Stretches + 1.5km walk home. 



Street/Track
 
It was just a perfect day : no cloud in the skies, no wind on the ground and a sun full of warmth!

Today....8km


No comments:

Post a Comment