Thursday, August 30, 2012

Easy 10km Running

Not a nice day outdoors :  very windy, but always mindful that good health and life can be often so suddenly taken away, I should be saying : today is a like every other day that I'm able to get out and run...it's  a very good day!

10km 
 For a change of scenery and some shelter from the wind, I ran along Diamond Fields Road which is in need of resurfacing; right now it's a mass of stones, rocks and ditches....everything that's needed for a bad face-plant!  I stopped at around 3km for about twenty minutes to call in on friends just returned from the London Olympics and then on my way again to 5km and a turnaround.

The run was OK but I didn't need to go any longer  -  my calves are quite stiff from yesterday's hills!

A couple of drills as usual before starting
Easy 10km in 74 minutes...stopping again for a couple of photos
Stretches after.


Inquisitive Locals!

Anyone home at the wombat hole?
  • 10km today.




2 comments:

  1. That's my highlands holiday home! You should have come in for a cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if only I'd known! A cuppa would have been most welcome at that stage!

      Delete