Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day 3 - "Ain' It De Truth"......



.........glad I wasn't jogging by when this old gum tree fell during the week! Now, ain' that da truth! Especially on such a good to be alive day as it is today : warm, sunny, cool breeze...perfik!

Program: Steady run 7 to 9km @ 'medium' pace.

Diamond Fields Road for a total of 9.5km. A very 'taking it easy' run, stopping for photos & a chat to one of the local farmers & his little dog when he pulled up beside me in his old truck & said : "Ya still goin'!!!"

He told me about another local farmer who used wave to me but who had died recently aged 86 years & who, whenever he saw me running past, would say to this other guy : "I might go out & join her one of these days!"

What a shame he didn't....we'd have made a very odd, but handsome couple!

And I thought later: We never know what other people's thoughts about us are as we jog merrily along our own way. I never knew his name & never had a chance to speak to him, but he always waved. For the rest of today...a little sad that I won't see him again driving his old rusty & battered truck with his 2 black kelpie dogs beautifully balanced on the back ....& his friendly wave.

3 comments:

  1. Luckylegs, that's precious! I can just imagine that leathery old Aussie farmer, legs probably all arthritic, drily commenting that he might go out and join you one day. Well, he is at rest now. As we all will one day, but until that time comes, there is nothing for it but to just keep on runnin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like such a great place to live when you can stop and have a chat with the locals. I hope you had a great christmas and I wish you a very happy running 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish he HAD gone out to join you LL. How sad that he never did!

    ReplyDelete