Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Day 3 - Steady Run


....I was sooooo late starting & it was sooooo hot running & I was sooooo thirsty!

Program : 5 to 9km steady run at a 'medium' pace; start easy & increase pace if feeling good.

12:30p.m. start; temperature 28 degrees felt like 38! Did 9.12 km @ avg. 78% of MHR. Negative split of about 1 minute!


In spite of the heat I was enjoying this run until the last uphill 100m where I decided to walk to the finish. Not even thirst for water in the soccer field could make me run those last few uphill metres! Once at the tap, I drank & drank, splashed my face & neck & then drank & drank some more...I didn't think I'd ever fill up the tank. Still have a raging thirst now, 4 hours later. Must get out earlier..really goofy starting out at the hottest part of the day!







2 comments:

  1. You're very brave even attempting it. I just cannot get used to running in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gets over 25 degrees and there is no may I am running. You must be very commited.

    ReplyDelete