Thursday, December 28, 2006

Day 4 - Stranded........


I had to leave the car at the local garage this morning, which meant I couldn't get to Chev track. Instead I went to Ironmines Oval - about 1km walk from the garage - for what was supposed to be a track session.

With Mr G-armin on my arm I paced out 150m down a white line & then took a wide curve to the right, marking this part with bottles & tins (left behind by soccer fans at the weekend).

The surface was a shocker to run on - clumps of weeds & sticky paspalum after recent rain. Some of the weeds even added a splash of colour!

The Program: Warm-up, drills, strides.

2 Sets of 5 x 150m in 38 to 40 seconds with 2:20 recoveries.

Set 1. 45; 43; 41; 43; 42..

Set 2. 42; 44; 40; 41; 42....seconds rounded off.

Couldn't get under 40 seconds....in those conditions. Another Time Another Place!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I haven't seen a local soccer pitch that green in a long time. My local pitches have very little green left anymore.

    Stu

    ReplyDelete