Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Workout #1...Track

I leap over buildings!


I had onlookers this morning in the persons of the the Headmaster and Deputy while I did my track session at the school!  They were in making preparations for the start of school next week and came out for some fresh air and a chat. I'm so lucky to have the use of their grounds, taps and toilets!  I probably won't go back to using Chevalier College track in Bowral though it would be more accurate I suppose.  Not enough to make much difference in results.

Program :  10-20 min warm-up
                   6 x 800m in 5:07 (6:23m/k) 
                   10 min cool-down.

1k warm-up + 4 strides
5:10;  5:10;  5:09;  5:11;  5:05;  5:03......all good!
1km cool-down + few stretches.

 
                  




5 comments:

  1. Only one problem - it'll be hard to do a session during recess when school's back.

    Accuracy would be close enough - you can still compare sessions to sessions. Still think you'd be faster if you missed going over that building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Ewen. I told the Headmaster just that this morning - that I wasn't too pleased about having to make a change of venue - but he said he couldn't do anything about it!

    Going over the building is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you still on track with your training.

    BTW, could you ask the School Principal if he could leave the doors of the building open at both ends. That would save you going over it.

    Take care

    thomo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey LL

    It's been a while! Glad to see everything running smoothly. Enjoy the rest of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point, thomo!!

    Thanks Scott, but Summer hasn't happened this year, not that I'm complaining; I prefer the cool weather any time.

    ReplyDelete