Saturday, December 09, 2006

Day 6 - What's the Worst That Could Happen?



.... Being thoroughly thrashed by Virtual Partner!

PROGRAM : Time Trial over 1500m course....try for 8:35 a PB.

So VP cheated & set himself up to go out for an 8:30 finish without telling me anything about it!

Not for 1 step of the way could I get even with, let alone ahead of VP who was waiting at the finish bloated with pride, while I tottered over the line in the worst of all possible times : 9:21!!

I was brow-beaten & in fear of my life knowing I had to tell Ewen about my outright defeat in the ugly face of the enemy. Next time, I'll give no quarter!

One of THOSE runs it was! Did the warm-up, few drills & strides, but from the first step I knew I was gone.. the worst sound hearing your shoes slapping the road at every step...it can only get worse after that happens & it did...I was breathing like a dragon!

Very disappointing especially when, prior to the start, I saw the run unfolding from an entirely different angle:

No comments:

Post a Comment