Monday, November 08, 2010

Tomorrow...


I met with the orthopaedic surgeon this afternoon and tomorrow, yes tomorrow,  he'll do arthroscopic surgery on my right knee. The plus side of being in a health fund!

My guess was right about the MRI report in that he thinks the pain is from the meniscus tear...at least he's hoping that's the cause!  I am so lucky to be getting it done tomorrow and not having to wait weeks or perhaps months..  At 11:00a.m I have to front up!

More news to come after that.....  All good, I hope, but I have to expect that there will be no running for some time yet. A come-back in 2011 would be nice.  I hope there's some motivation left by then....it's very low at the moment.. It's been so long I think I could very easily hang up the trainers for good!

Thanks to all for 'being here' for me right now.  I can do with a friend.....or two, or three!

5 comments:

  1. Aw Norma, you certainly have a friend and a half here, wish I could be of more support.

    Delighted to hear about the MRI tomorrow. Hope everything goes well, and I will endevour to be a better friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gebrsallassie has retired - he knows you'll be back and he's running scared...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the surgery goes well Norma.I saw some age group results from NYC an 82 year old ran 6:38, you would have beaten her by over an hour based on Sydney. You'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the surgery tomorrow dear friend. That is so good that there's not a long wait hanging over you. 2011 awaits! Our LL will be back! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it went well. That was lucky - getting in so quickly. I couldn't wait 6 months either - I'd be as fat as Bruce.

    ReplyDelete