Thursday, November 11, 2010

Feels Like a Miracle!

Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net


It's over!  Arthroscopic surgery on Tuesday morning  for a large complex tear medial meniscus, Grade 3. Yesterday following the surgery my knee was quire painful, but today and after sleeping for nearly all of 48 hours since, I have no pain at all!

Apparently, once a meniscus cartilage has been torn it will not heal unless it is a very small tear, blood supply being low in this area.  In my case, it being a large complex tear, rather than trying to repair it, the torn pieces were removed from the knee.

I have several quad strengthening exercises to do...20x10 each day as well as the stationary bike.  I'm bandaged from upper thigh to near the ankle so not able to do much until this is all removed in 5 days; then I can drive and walk about more comfortably.  Recovery time is 6 to 12 weeks, but I hope it won't take that long.  I'll need more patience than I'm known for for it to heal successfully!

Very happy with the results so far and the thought of running again!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! That sounds like excellent news and a very positive outcome. Fantastic. Now make sure you rest and recover properly all set for 2011 and a wonderful come back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! Do what the doc says and don't rush the recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear LL. Hope you can get back on the road real soon.

    ReplyDelete