Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cross-training #2....Easy Running.

Image by FlamingText.com


Since I won't be training tomorrow  - Australia Day and out to an all-day lunch!  -  I'll have to miss this week's track session unless I can fit it in later in the week; not worried about missing it at this stage though.

Today, at 1:00pm when the temperature was 30 degrees (felt like 40) I drove to the school and ran in some shade on Radio Road alongside the soccer field.  There was a breeze, but it was a hot one, and so was the day and so was the run...HOT!  I took it very easy and it served as a few more kilometres on a hard surface.

Funny how I've become so used to running on the grass in bare feet!  Shoes felt so heavy & sweaty by comparison.  Something I'll have to get used to again no doubt; also running in heat because it's always hot by the time I finish a marathon or even a half marathon for that matter!

5km easy running.
41 min.
AHR 70%

3 comments:

  1. How did you run when it was that hot? I ran at 5:30 am and it was only 23 degrees and I still thought it was too hot. You are tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like insane than tough, Char! I can't get out of bed that early...5:30am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I ran at 7pm and it was still hot then! Crazy weather!You are one tough cookie!!

    ReplyDelete