Friday, January 21, 2011

Not So Much Like An Elephant!


Today was the first day I didn't feel like I was a plodding elephant; didn't feel like a gazelle either, but definitely a little easier and lighter than during the past two weeks, so I'll settle for more like a donkey!

Program:  Tempo Run 8km

1km warm-up
6km @ 7:08 min/km (adjusted slower to allow for grass running)
1km cool-down

I did 1.5km warm-up
6km @ Avg. pace 7:22;  Best pace 5:06
AHR 127 (80%);  MHR 155 (98%)?
1km cool down walking

1km laps:  7:35;  7:17;  7:16; 7:08;  7:33;  7:24

As usual, a late start at 10:00am but, even though the sun was quite hot, there was also a pleasant, cooling breezeAfter the cool-down I did some stretching then packed my bag, slapped myself on the back and drove home feeling better about my running than I have been of late!

8.5km

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic - that was a good session. I ran at 5.30am this morning to avoid the heat of the day! It was a scorcher here. As I got lost in my own suburb I think the description of the donkey (silly ass in fact) is more apt for me! Hee haw!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did well with that session. Late start for us this morning too - 8.05am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee haw, Strewth!

    Thanks Ewen; I'm never too sure if I've done well or not!

    ReplyDelete