Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday's Run on Monday

I didn't make it out yesterday because it became just too hot to bother by the time I dragged myself out of bed!  This morning I was on the road by 6:15am.  I thought that was early enough but by the time I'd finished I was wishing I'd started at 5:30.

Program :

16km easy & relaxed; at no set pace.

I took that as gospel and found myself so relaxed I was walking instead of running!  I must have walked well over a kilometre in bits and pieces, on hills, on the flat; in fact whenever I felt like it which was probably quite a bit more than I should have.  It was so hot that I ditched the shoes and socks and ran the last 3km on the wet grass in the soccer field and what a relief for the feet that was!

16km jog/walk
2hours 19 min.
AHR 113  (71%);  MHR 127 (80%)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 6:15am. Are you sure? I'm dragged kicking and screaming to our long Saturday runs at the ungodly hour of 7:30! Sadly, the only way to beat this blasted heat.

    ReplyDelete