Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fisher's Ghost 5km....

Not a disaster at all but slower by about two minutes from the last time I did Fisher's Ghost 5km in 2009.  I was happy with my time considering I've only been doing easy runs for the past two weeks.

Conditions were unusually good : cloud cover but still quite hot.  I had a free massage after and that was a very pleasant way to finish, plus 1st place in 70+ age category in which to my surprise this year there were no other competitors!  Perhaps that's why my age category wasn't called at the presentations until I reminded someone that I really was there and had run the 5km event!  I felt embarrassed doing this but what the hell....I had run!

5km in 33:33!
Avg. Pace 6:42
AHR 89%. 
257 of 464 finishers.... (44.6%)
117 of 256 Female finishers....54.3%

3 comments:

  1. Wow. 33:33 is quick! And look how many females were behind you - 100s! You'll be dangerous when you get on a roll with the training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ewen..... No one was more surprised than I! "Dangerous" coming right up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done LL. Over 70 award too - fantastic:)

    ReplyDelete