Monday, November 03, 2008

Wouldn't You Know It!

Coincidence of course, but just as I leave "the building", I'm hit with a bug which, for convenience sake, I'll call "Range Road Belly"! During yesterday's run - seems like a week ago - I drank from a tap along the roadside of one of the properties. Since then : awful stomach cramps, nausea & headache. I blame the water but it could be some other nasty bug I suppose; that, or someone has stuck the pin in a voodoo doll!

Luckily, it's a 'rest' day, but at the moment I can't see myself getting out tomorrow. Fishers Ghost on Sunday - hopefully OK to still run the 5km.

Anyhow, I feel safe here in Blog Land...thank God for it & its wonderful fellow bloggers! Being slack with commenting on blogs these days - but still an avid reader - makes me appreciate all the more the thoughtfulness of fellow bloggers. Thank you!

And now, back on the bed...if only I could 'throw up' & get rid of the thing. The stomach cramps are killing me!

5 comments:

  1. I hope it wasn't the same tap that you found that spider living in!!!

    I hope you get better soon, how about a large dose of "Andrew's liver salts" yuck! My mum always used to make me drink it when I had a dicky tummy :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon Norma. You are very very loved on Coolrunning and here in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate stomach bugs, they really sap your energy!

    I'm glad you feel safe here in blogland and we will all miss you on CR.

    And we love seeing you in person too! It's been a while since we caught up so hope that is rectified soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you quarantine that tap. Hope you still post on CR and of course your blog. Hopefully will see you up at the Central Coast half?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might have caught something when that calf licked you on the face! I've heard a big feed at "Gilberts" is just the thing for Range Road Belly :)

    Hope you're feeling goof real soon.

    ReplyDelete