Friday, July 31, 2009

Too Much Too Soon?

A 'funny' sort of session this! I started just before mid-day, sunny but windy. As usual I had the entire oval at Chevalier College in Bowral to myself. I used lane 7 which is 0:42m.

Program : 2km warm-up
Drills, strides.

12 laps (5km) 'sitting on' heart rate 136 (86%). Time each 2 laps.


I did the warm-up etc wearing Newton trainers. Bare feet for the main session....cool, soft grass.

2km warm-up in 16 minutes, drills, strides.

12 laps timing each 2 laps = 5:08; 5:00; 5:02; 4:49; 5:05; 5:16.

Distance = 5:09
AHR = 136 (86%); MHR = 142 = (89%)
Avg. Pace = 6:02.

Time = 31:43.... & PB! (32 seconds faster than the last time I did this same session on 22nd June!)


I called this a 'funny' sort of track session because never, ever have I felt sick during this or any other kind of training, but I did today. All fine except for coming to the finish of the last lap I felt that I was going to throw up; crossed the line, walked to the fence & started to dry-reach a couple of times feeling like I was going to die there & then!

I suspect that I wasn't quite ready for a hard session so soon after the heavy cold I've had & which still hangs around just like I said it would. Nasty, cruel thing!

Back home & showered, I took to the bed & slept for nearly 2 hours this afternoon! Finally, a bowl of soup seems to have settled things and of course.....tomorrow is another day, which I intend to be a resting one!






Distance today = 7km














1 comment:

  1. That's a sign that you did a really good work out - a true runner - dry reaching indicates you did your absolute best. Now you truly deserve a rest day! Fantastic PB!

    ReplyDelete