Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How Long Has This Been Going On?

Five days so far, that's how long! Last Friday was my last run before coming down with the worst cold I can remember, courtesy of Mr LL who, tired of having such a bad cold all to himself for a week, decided it was time to give it away ....to me! I can't remember when I last had a cold of any kind, but when I do get a cold I REALLY GET A BEAUTY!

For 5 days I've felt as sick as a dog: sneeze, blow, cough; sneeze, blow, cough; hardly any sleep. I feel like I'll never run again and City to Surf less than 3 weeks off. Plenty of time for Blackmores though; that's if I ever get the urge to run again...how quickly things just fall apart! Oh well, another day or two & maybe I'll feel the old desire return.

To be continued........

4 comments:

  1. "how quickly things just fall apart" never a truer word LL. I know it's horrible when your sick like that and also know how good it is when it clears and your back into it.

    Looking forward to hearing of your full recovery.

    By the way I never knew there was a Mr. LL, I don't know why but it's the first time you mentioned him on your blog. He must be an extremely nice man to support you in all your running, does he run too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Scott, there's been a Mr LL for almost as long as I can remember!

    No, Mr LL definitely does NOT run. Supportive, definitely. He's a "piano man"...I run the streets, he plays the piano! Actually, he has a couple of gigs in local clubs on Friday & Saturday nights & that's his 'thing'....pretty good at it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that explains the recent lack of emails... your keyboard died from dripping snot.

    Scott, she hasn't mentioned him because he's far more agreeable and never complains (unless there have been excessive shoe purchases).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear poor you. Do hope you feel much better soon. Sometimes enforced rest makes you come back even stronger. When you recover there'll be no stopping you. Just make sure you have plenty of rest. And belated congratulations on a fantastic GC - wow!

    ReplyDelete