Friday, September 23, 2005

2 x 1km



I think I'd better hide! I'm pretty sure I made a mess of today session as I did the important bits in reverse order!

I did the 20 minutes warm up on grass, 4x100m strides, stretched & walked to the start of the first km which should have been run in 6:30, walk back to the start & the second km in 6:20. The important part was to run the second km faster than the first!

Instead, I ran the 1st km easily in 5:44 & felt very comfortable; I would have had to slow right down to extend the time to a 6:00 min/km & thought I wouldn't have to try much harder to run the second km just 10 seconds faster!! WRONG! The seconds slipped away & by the time I looked at my watch, it was too late even though I made a huge dash to finish...2nd km was 6:00 minutes! So did I do the 1st km too fast or should I have pushed harder in the 2nd km?? Only time & Ewen will tell!! Report card tonight!

Glorious day; very warm; all the spring blossoms bloomin' their little buds off; walked leisurely 3km back home thinking : now, why did I get that so wrong??

Report Card :
1) Following instructions 4/10
2) Performance 8/10
3) Form 8/10 (that's a guess as I didn't see you run)
4) Learning 9/10

This report is being very generous, I think, as I was expecting 0/10 for #1.

5 comments:

  1. Just enjoy spring LL, the rest will work itself out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too bad a report card chicky - Ewen has been very generous with his scoring of late I see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done the Chicky Babes Team on their Category Win at The Canberra Times Fun Run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Friar, but I don't think my time had anything to do with the win! The other chicks just flew along to take 1st place!

    ReplyDelete