Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back In Business!



Three days without a computer!! After major surgery, we're back in business!

Brief Recap : Sunday : Long Run........1:04 out; 1:01 return; 16km in cold, wet, windy conditions.

Monday : Took the day off to recover...& to have another birthday! Phew! Made it to another one!

Tuesday : Did 30 minutes on elliptical trainer.

And now for the rest of this week :

September

7 - TIME TRIAL 2km hard.*

8 - Rest Day.

9 - 30 minutes easy including 'strides' at end.**

10 - Rest Day..... OR...... Walk with Wombat in Sydney (definitely the latter!)

11 - BLACKMORE'S SYDNEY HALF MARATHON!

* "Don't go all out for a PB....not 2008 1500m Olympic Games pace."!!!!!

(Just as well I got this modification..I intended going much faster than that!

** "Cut back to 20-25 minutes EASY jogging." That I can do.... EASILY!

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICKYBABE !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps, I'm too excited for my own good. I was going to say:

    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear chickybabe
    Happy birthday to you

    I hope you had a wonderful day and I wish you all the best for the year ahead (and for many years to come!)

    Jen

    PS You are one very determined chickybabe for going out in those terrible conditions last Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee LL, you snuck that little birthday announcement in there very quietly.

    I think it should be shouted:

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICKYBABE!!!!

    And many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes - a very sneaky birthday anouncement there! and from the one person who is smashing age-group categories all over the country too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LL!

    Hope you had the kind of wonderful day you deserve.

    See you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And, you don't look a day over 50-something. But then, I haven't seen you since the Gold Coast. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday from me as well!

    Looking forward to catching up post run(s) on Sunday. I'll give a yell if I see you out on the course also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The announcement snuck in just like I snuck into another year! Thanks so very much for all good wishes.

    But you'll have to see the birthday cake that Mr LL had made for me...when I take a photo of it!! It was made by the chef at the Bowral Country Club (where Mr LL plays piano on weekends), & is in the shape of a large running shoe!! Chocolate covered, with all the markings of a runner done with white icing & the laces & bow criss-crossed with black licorice strips; it's a masterpiece & can't wait to get a pic here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (belated) birthday wishes LL.
    Hope you have a great run on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete