Monday, October 16, 2006

Day 9 - Back to the Future

...feeling lethargic....


this morning's track session at Chev. College, Bowral.

Program : Warm-up easy jog; stretches; 4x100m strides; form drills; rest.

12 x 150m in 42-45 seconds - 2 minute walk recoveries.
Rest.
1 x 400m.
rest.
2 laps warm-down.

I wasn't happy with this morning's session & I usually enjoy track training. Ewen called it 'Mondayitis', but I think it was more than that, but I don't know exactly what. I didn't run as fast as 2 weeks ago. Anyhow, the results are:

Did all the preliminary work as per program.

12x150 ......48.1; 45.2; 44.2; 44.8; 43.8; 44.7; 45.4; 43.1; 43.5; 43.9; 43.5; 43.2

2 weeks ago I managed to 39.9!

The 400m was a total & complete disaster & I should have stopped half way to avoid a stumbling final 200m.

Anyhow, I completed the session, but not to my satisfaction & I skipped the warm-down because I was disappointed in what I'd done...well, that's my excuse & hopefully Ewen will accept it!

Good news this afternoon from my GP...latest biopsy OK; no further surgery needed.........Phew, what a relief!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Luckylegs - very glad to hear that things are clear with the biopsy. Take care of yourself and I think that one off session is ok in the circumstances! Sorry to miss you at Fitzroy Falls on Saturday but no doubt will see you racing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good to hear the biopsy was fine!
    It must be such a relief?

    Hope you fitting fit soon and the "mondayaitus" was just your body recovering.


    Cheers R2B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! Those are good news!!

    Soon you will be hitting again those 39 marks! There are just days like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure all the hassles and stress of your surgery is probably partly to blame. Even a local anathesthic can knock you about a bit.

    Great to hear you won't be needing any more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear that the biopsy result was a good one. We missed you on our trek to the southern highlands on Saturday. Hope to catch up with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news LL about the biopsy.

    It is no wonder you are tired and lethargic - you have been doing a fair bit of training, not to mention likely worrying about the results of your biopsy before you got the good news.

    Hope you are feeling back to normal now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CB, you're one of those athletes who races better than they train.

    I think you just ran the 39.9 because you were trying to impress me. Hah - as if that will work!

    Very glad there are no more pains in the neck :)

    ReplyDelete