Saturday, October 28, 2006

Day 5 - "There's a Track Winding Back....."



........OK, I know but at least I ran in the right direction....forwards & not backwards!




I had a very enjoyable, though not record breaking, evening at the AIS Track in Canberra on Thursday, 26th October. Strewth, CJ, speedygeoff...thank you for your always friendly welcome!

After putting me through a warm-up - do they really have to be so long? - followed by drills, strides, etc., Ewen plonked me on the start line of the 800m, making sure I was facing the right way & pointing out where & when to move across to lane 1. I'm OK with following directions, as long as they're not geographical ones, so that race was soon over though this time, not fast enough to warrant rapturous praise at the finish - I get to see it as it is, which is as it should be....I suppose! :

Time = 4:31.50

400m splits 21:16.5 / 2:15.0

A late decision was to have a try at the 200m event, which was over very quickly, even for me. Thank heavens they allow for either a crouched or standing start or I might well have landed, and stayed, flat on my face :

Time = 51:54

200m splits (roughly) 65.9 / 70.5 /71.8 /62.9

Friday morning : an easy 10km run around the cycle path alongside Lake Gininderra......a very quiet & beautiful course, but easy to get lost without good navigational skills!

Returned to Mittagong late Friday, with plans to return to the track in a couple of weeks after doing some more work.......where work is needed to be done!


6 comments:

  1. Hopefully that first split in the 800 wasn't really 21 minutes... :-) Congrats on negative splitting both runs (and not falling flat on your face at the start! :-) )

    Gnome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one LL on the short stuff - I can see you down on a set of blocks at the next Stawell Gift ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL, it was fantastic to see you and run with you at the track. What a lovely surprise. I'm really looking forward to your next trip here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to mention the presentation of your certificate - I hope you framed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for another mighty effort Chicybabe. You just keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very disappointed! You're coming back to track on 16th and that day and night I'll be in Adelaide for work - damn and bother! I do hope there'll be other times.

    ReplyDelete