Saturday, October 07, 2006

Day 13 - Best Foot Forward.

...yesterday, Friday, I rewarded my bravery under anaesthetic, with the purchase of new 'Frees". This time I chose the X-Trainer...it has stronger material in the uppers & also in the heel area, where there used be mesh with the 'Runner', though I noticed that the new Free 'runner' has changed the mesh at the heel to a stronger material...like the X-Trainer.

I was in Sydney to have a SCC (Squamous Cell Carcinoma!!) removed from the left side of my neck & a biopsy on one on the right side, which will most likely also have to be cut out. With 2 hours to spare before the train left at 3:45 p.m. & still under the influence of local anaesthetic, I went on a mild spending spree, renewing all my (expensive - oh dear!) facial & body creams at DJ's, then on to Rebel for the 'Frees' & finishing at Darrell Lea in the QVB for a large packet of Liquorice Allsorts!

Today, I'm forced into taking another "Whatever Day"...both sides of my neck are 'screaming' at each other & I'm full of Panadol, so I'm safer indoors!

Warning : For goodness sake, don't neglect any suspicious, scaley area or anything that looks like an ordinary sore that won't go away, anywhere on your skin. Have it checked out immediately by your friendly local GP! This kind of skin cancer can spread to lymph glands & can be fatal....though usually not!

5 comments:

  1. A lady after my own heart....running shoes and licorice allsorts.

    Nice azalea too. I have a couple just waiting to be planted in my garden.

    wt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah - you poor thing. I'm sending you a big hug. The retail therapy sounds pretty good comfort material though - those shoes are really gorgeous and I LOVE licorice allsorts! Hope those panadol give you a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice LL thanks.
    Get well soon...the trails are missing you allready :)

    R2B

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can only agree on the skin advice.
    I would also add that prevention is better than incision so be sun safe.

    ReplyDelete