Monday, October 15, 2007

The News Is Good!


It's taken a few days but I finally know what the injury is that showed up under ultrasound last Friday.


After seeing my GP this afternoon for results:-


Firstly : Not bursitis!


Secondly : Small haematoma & micro-tear of the tensor fasciae latae muscle....whatever that is!

Thirdly & most importantly to me: I can resume jogging and/or walking! Keeping up fitness & movement very important.....continue icing & using anti-inflammatory gel....return to see GP in 1 week for discussion & review.

I've already sent news on to Ewen who will tell me what to do .....& where to go!!
Thanks you so very much for all your good wishes & kind thoughts about Melbourne Marathon..........Canberra Marathon, 2008, here I come!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like good news LL.

    Glad to hear you can start moving again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LL

    That sound like great news to me!

    I am secretly dreaming of Canberra too...shhhhh

    wt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! (and you're right - Ewen will tell you where to go... :-) )

    Gnome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to think (probably naively) that if you can name it you can treat it, so that sounds like good news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news LL. You have also given me another reason to think seriously about coming to Canberra next year. The reasons not to are getting smaller by the day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The New is Good? Does that mean the Old is Bad?

    ReplyDelete