Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Back to the Cycle Paths...



Program : 8km on Bowral cycle paths.

3km warm-up easy pace.

5km at marathon mid-race pace...7:25 . Take heart rate.


I did the 3km warm-up on a section of East Bowral cycle paths feeling sluggish & slow. Picked up the pace when I saw the huge grass cutting maching bearing down on my car which I'd parked on the grass beside the path!


5km @ 7:25 pace...I used the cycle path into Bowral...less concrete, more shade.


Time = 37:08 minutes.

Pace = 7:25 exactly!

AHR = 116 (78%); MHR =123 (83%).

Laps = 7:22; 7:27; 7:28; 7:25; 7:24.


A hot day, 27 degrees while running & a strong easterly wind blowing. Not the best conditions, but good training for the running I'll have to do in the hot part of the day in Canberra. This was the reason I started late at 10:30a.m....to catch the heat but could have done without the wind!

4 comments:

  1. You'll be mowing down the opposition on Sunday week.

    By the way, it won't be hot. It'll be bloody cold if recent days are anything to go by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the pacing LL!

    I just hope its not cold and windy in Canberra. Or cold and wet and windy. Or cold and wet and windy and snowing. Or cold and wet and windy and snowing and ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee the trees have grown - used to run there all the time. cheers Plu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe Ewen beat me to it with his "mowing down the opposition" comment. Lovely place to run. See you at Canberra!

    ReplyDelete