Friday, April 11, 2008

"Yesterday"

Seems like only yesterday that training for Canberra Marathon 2008 began! In fact though, it's 23 weeks that has come to an end today : the weekly e-mails from Ewen with training prgrams; the daily e-mails reporting back; the return e-mails telling me if I'd "stuffed up" or 'did goof'; text messages & phone calls galore.....all coming to an end today.

But what a great time (for me anyhow!) it's been. All the work taken out of wondering how to train - and conversely, all the work that it involved for Ewen writing programs to suit someone of more 'mature' years! Not an easy task I imagine & I didn't realize just how little I knew about how to run & train appropriately!

So.....on Sunday the race is run & then c'en est fait!

8 comments:

  1. You are both blessed to have such a wonderful relationship.

    All the best for Sunday. I will be thinking of you!!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only you had as many legs as you have arms, things would be so much easier!

    I think Ewen is lucky to have such talent to work with.

    All the best for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been a pleasure joining you on your journey thus far, I'm so glad you share your thoughts with us.

    Can't wait to catch up on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert Song is right. Talented and determined athletes always make the coach look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck on Sunday LL. See you down there. You have trained well, you'll run well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. again all the best for sunday and well done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't forget all us Northeners who will be there cheering you in spirit on Sunday.

    GO CR!

    ReplyDelete