Sunday, December 06, 2009

Long Run......New Program.

This morning's long run was the first of the long runs in the "Less Is More Program" (3 running days), which, though it's much more demanding on distance/pace than I've been used to, I'm liking it so far. That's only one week though!

Today I had to run 16km @ 6:57 to 7:06 per km....i.e. finish 16km in 1 hour 54 minutes.

So....I ran 16 km and finished in 1:54.07!

Avg. pace = 7:07; Best 4:45.

AHR 118 (75%); MHR 132 (84%).


I ran what I call my 'Inkerman Road Loop'. Perfect morning : cool breeze, warm but not at all hot. Bitumen road all the way, very quiet, no traffic and a very pretty part of Mittagong. I felt the pace was comfortable and was running 6:? for most of the time except for where the hills and long inclines slowed me down in spite of making a big effort not to. At least I did put in the effort!

So that's one week's trial of running three days only. I've liked it so far and no problems with each of the three sessions...yet! I guess I might be of another mind after weeks 2, 3, 4 and more with distances and paces increasing each week!

Anyhow, it's a trial program and all's good so far.

1 comment:

  1. You're very clever to be able to follow that red line for 16k without getting lost. Ruth would be still out there!

    ReplyDelete