Friday, December 04, 2009

Tempo Run Against Virtual Partner...

There he was again! Same ugly, snarling expression as I sped away on today's 5km tempo run!

What I had to do was :-

Short Tempo Run 4.8km...I changed it to 5km.
Pace 6:20 per km (10k race-pace)

2k warm-up. Light drills and strides. Lastly, 1km warm-down.

Virtual Partner is such fun to run with, especially not letting him get a look-in again today! In fact, I finished 50m in front. This wasn't an especially difficult thing to do, given that I was running only 5km at 10km race-pace; it felt quite comfortable actually, so VP should have known to get out in front from the start and hang on to stay there. Instead, he let his anger and frustration get the better of him once more and thus wasted effort and energy he should have been using to beat me!

I'll need to be vigilant though as the distances on each of the 3 running days increase week by week. It could get nasty!

So...results are: 5km
Time 31:17
AHR 127 (82%); MHR 133 (84%).

1km Splits = 6:08; 6:20; 6:14; 6:17; 6:17


Whether or not I should have run faster - I could have - I've yet to find out!

Distance today = 8km

1 comment:

  1. You are very mean to VP - always letting him snap at your heels, but never taste them.

    Good session - save running faster for a race :)

    ReplyDelete