Friday, February 11, 2011

A Not So Good TT!

Decided on Iron Mines Oval as the venue for today's Time Trial because it has two football fields and thus gives a larger area to run around.  I want to run on grass whenever possible and this was the ideal location.  However, the grass was so spongy, the humidity so high and with no breeze at all, I found the session extremely difficult; I had to stop several times in order to get my breath and, worst of all, VP won!  It was not the Time Trial I had been expecting in which I saw myself racing past VP at every round!

Program:
1.5km easy
5km @ 6:29 min/km
1.5km easy.

This is how it turned out:

1.5km easy...ok
5km in 33:07
Avg. Pace =6:36 min/km


1km Splits = 6:42;  6:45;  6:26;  6:29;  6:40

1.5km easy...ok

Room for improvement here for sure!

Rest tomorrow to get ready for a long run on Sunday....when rain is forecast!



2 comments:

  1. When I first glanced at your title I thought it said "A not so good IT" and I wondered what I was going to read - lol! Thought it might have been a continuing saga from your little adventure! Forecast here is for rain tomorrow when I have MY long run - yuck!Enjoy your rest day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, the grass looks in good nick! It's always more humid running on grass, so tough conditions. Don't worry - you'll get your revenge on VP soon enough.

    ReplyDelete