Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Good Long Run!

I  had such a good long run this morning that I wonder if it's the same person who ran so badly last Sunday!  A world of difference today and I do wonder why?  Last Sunday a terrible struggle with lots of walking;  today almost effortless, though I did take a couple of walk breaks on the steepest hill on Old South Road.

I started from the school at 8:00am; very overcast day, a few drops of rain and a cool breeze; just about perfect for running.  I did the first 5km in and around the school to warm-up, then out onto Bong Bong Road, to Old South Road to Range Road.  It was this first section of Old South Road, about 3km of a winding hill, where I took a couple of walk breaks.  When I can do this steep hill without stopping to walk, I'll know I can handle anything that Canberra half marathon can throw at me!

The rest of the course is one of rolling hills which make for a pretty tough run but this morning I almost breezed through the lot!  What's more....I feel no need to crash on the bed as I did last Sunday....which isn't to say that I won't take a wee kip later this afternoon!

20km 
Time = 2 hours 35 min
5km splits :  39:08;   43:33;   36:59;   35:16

How different is it when a long run feels so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment