Saturday, July 07, 2012

3rd Workout....Long Run

16km



Program : 16km @ 6:49m/k

An ordinary sort of run, OK I suppose.  I thought I'd run a bit faster since I only had 16km to do and I tried; here are the results:

16km in 1 hour 54 min.
Avg. Pace 7:00m/k
5k splits : 34:18;   36:14;  36:33;  + 1km in 6:30

Nothing untoward occurred along the way, apart from making friends with two dogs.  I used the car key to lock and unlock the car in case the battery in the spare remote was flat! 

For the 3 workouts this week :  40.2km 



2 comments:

  1. That's a good long run. 7 minutes per k isn't far off the goal pace. I can recall doing long runs with Ruth slower than that. Don't tell her I told you though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly? That cheers me up because I was starting to think I'll never get closer to that record. I won't tell a soul!

    ReplyDelete