Thursday, July 05, 2012

Tempo + Temper Tantrum!

7k Tempo before the Tantrum!



Program : Tempo Run...10km

2km easy
7km @ 6:25m/k
1km easy.

A sunny but cold day to start, getting colder and less sunny as the day progressed....7 degrees now at 3:30pm.  I purposely chose all the hillier sections of Renwick streets.....since the run was longer I thought I'd also make it a little more difficult...hence slower pace.  It was all OK though and I certainly could have run further if I'd had to, but.......little did I know what some evil demon had in wait for me at the finish!

7km splits :  6:33;  6:23;  6:40;  6:41; 6:47;  7:00;  6:22  

Not Programmed :  The Tantrum!

Back at the car, the stupid central locking thing/button wouldn't work to open the car!  What's inside those things?  Batteries, I suppose, and flat ones at that!  Used the key to unlock and off goes the alarm...loud and clear all over the surrounding countryside.  Of course, being where I was, there was no one close enough to hear it, thank goodness!  I continued unlocking and locking with the key ....alarm on, alarm off, car couldn't start, it just sat there screaming its head off for at least fifteen minutes before I realized I'd have to go home and get the other set of keys and central locking thing/button. There must be some other way of turning off the alarm.....I'll look in the book!

That meant jogging 2km home and 2km back and I'm counting all of it in today's total! I suppose it could have been far worse if I'd been further from home...perish the thought! Nevertheless, I thought it sufficient motivation and reasonable to throw a temper tantrum and mumble some unseemly swear words as I stormed off across the roads and paddocks towards home.....and back!

SO......10km + 4km = 14km! 

New housing creeping up.....
....towards MY piece of turf!  And that's my car on the right...waiting for me!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but that made me laugh. Lucky there are no houses in those streets! At least you didn't drive to Chev to do that session ;)

    ReplyDelete