Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Track on the Roads...

I suppose I shouldn't call Tuesday's workout a track session since it's run on roads and not a proper track, but what it's called doesn't matter so much as what happens when I get there!  In any case, I think it has some advantages running the repeats on the road since it's some of what's likely to be encountered when having to push hard in a road race.

Today's program :

10-20 min warm-up
3 x 1600m (9:33; 5:58m/k)
400m RI between
10 min cool-down.

I was able to stay ahead of VP again, but had to run hard!  The 'track' isn't by any means a flat one :  the start side 1 is flat;  side 2 is down, up, flat;  side 3 is a killer...all up; and side 4 has a bit of everything!

Road/Track approx. 340m

2km warm-up, couple of drills, 4 strides
(1)  9:31.5 (5:57m/k);    (2)  9:26.1 (5:54m/k);   (3)  9:24.9 (5:53m/k)
1km cool-down and stretches.

Finished, feeling I could have done more, and I've read somewhere that's a good thing!  Another perfectly beautiful, sunny, Spring day.

Since I don't have a tempo run on Thursday (easy 10km instead), I might try some long hill repeats tomorrow as cross-training........should be amusing!

Today.... 7.8km

No comments:

Post a Comment