Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Tempo Run... that didn't happen! ~~~

Today's program :  8km Tempo Run.

I didn't do it!  I'd just finished 3km warm-up when Phil, my friendly groundsman at Chev, where I intended to run, told me he'd mowed the cross country course in preparation for All Schools CC race tomorrow.  Out the window went the tempo run and I decided to do 5km of the CC course instead!

  It was tough : muddy in parts, hills I had to walk up, tree roots everywhere and deep hoof-prints left by cattle to make it just a little more difficult to manoeuvre safely, but so much more enjoyable than doing 5km round and round in the 200m lane.  Phil was still at work when I raced down the finishing chute with arms in the air and shouting, "I won! I won!"  A good laugh put a nice finish to the session!



5km Cross Country


For Today  8km

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Phil! I think you should go down tomorrow and take a look. Perhaps put in a late entry - you'd probably clean up a few of those young'uns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Ewen! Though I don't think I'd be the only one walking the hills!

    ReplyDelete